Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 6th Generosity Devotional


March 6, 2013

Love Tank

I just drove from my house to TransWorld Radio in Cary, NC to work on a radio project for Choose Life.  When I left, my gas tank was full and I was able to drive the entire 266 miles without worrying about needing more gas.  However, now that I am here and driving around town looking for a place to eat, I am conscious that my tank is low and I will need to get fuel or I will be stranded on the side of the road.  Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a constant supply of fuel and we NEVER had to stop for gas (with the price of gas I KNOW you agree)? 

Our heart has the capacity to love and care for others.  However, like our car’s gas tank, it does not have an unlimited supply of love.  After we give and care for others over a period of time, our “love tank” needs to be replenished!  Sometimes, our desire to have our love tank filled causes us to love and care for others just so they will love and care for us.  If we operate our every day lives like this, we run the risk of giving more than we receive and coming to an end of our capacity to love.
           
Unlike our car, we really do have a constant supply of love so that we NEVER really need to depend on others to fill our love tank.  God’s love for us is unconditional AND constant.  No matter whether others love us or care for us, we are completely loved and cared for by our Heavenly Father.  This truth allows us to love others, not to get something from them, but out of the overflow of God’s love for us!

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment