Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 7th Generosity Devotional


“All My Fountains”


Psalm 87: 7 – “As they make music they will sing, all my fountains are in you.”

Open The Heavens,
Come Living Water,
All My Fountains Are In You!
You’re Strong Like A River
Your Love Is Running Through
All My Fountains Are In You (Clap Clap, Clap-de-Clap, Clap) 

- “All My Fountains” by Chris Tomlin

I feel that there are countless ways that we can translate the word “fountains” in this verse/song. Some ways that I have enjoyed translating it when I sing this song are, All of my – ability to: hope, feel fulfilled, be joyful, trust, have comfort, enjoy the pleasures of life, be happy, live with passion, show and receive love, live Life – is found in Jesus Christ!

I encourage you to think about what ways you are allowing God to pour into you your life, and see if there are areas in which you are not feeling fulfilled or satisfied? The answer may be that you need to take a step back from trying so hard, and let God be your fulfillment in all of the areas of your life. When you do this, you are allowing God to be in control of the outcome. He become the source of what flows from you, He becomes your fountain.  God loves when He is the only one who can take the credit for things in your life. Give him control so only He gets all of the glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment